The number of tuners in DVBlink doesn’t match the number available

I came across this issue after installing the new build of Dvblink 4.5 on my server, this is fitted with a quad freeview tuner, but on the media center, when I setup the TV signal, it shows up as 8 devices, which in turn Media Center reserves hard disk space for. This is only really an issue if you have a small hard disk (or an SSD in my case). In the end, with the help of the DVBlink forum (thanks!) I found that the new software is designed to setup the maximum number of tuners, if you want to reduce that you need to remove some devices and change a config file, not too much work…

  1. Right click on DVBLink PBDA Tuner Device #8 and choose Uninstall
  2. Delete as many tuner as you need (always starting from the end – from the tuner with a highest number!)
  3. Reboot
  4. Navigate to C:\ProgramData\DVBLogic\dvblink
  5. Open customizations.xml into a text editor
  6. Substitute <tuner_number>-1</tuner_number> with the actual number of tuners left. For example if you have deleted 3 tuners this should read <tuner_number>5</tuner_number>
  7. Save file
  8. (Re)do TV Setup in MediaCenter

via DVBLink wiki.

Leave a Reply